Visit Vang Vieng when traveling Laos and pass by some breathtaking scenery and refreshing lagoons.
Vang Vieng is a small town north of Vientiane, located on the banks of the Nam Song River. The town is surrounding by dramatic limestone karst hills, rice fields and dense jungle. Also, Vang Vieng boasts a natural beauty and very easy to get around on foot with just three main streets. The local restaurants cater for a range of tastes serving a selection of Lao, Chinese, Thai, American and Italian food. A big drawn to the area is the stunning countryside. Here you can enjoy popular activities including hiking, rafting, tubing, kayaking, mountain biking, caving and rock climbing. Outside of the raining season (June – September), the Nam Song River is a popular place for swimmers.
1. Cross the bridge over Nam Song River to explore Tham Jang Caves and Blue Lagoon
2. Enjoy a short trek through breathtaking mountain landscapes
3. Visit the ethnic minority villages of Hmong, Souay and Taidam, meeting the warm and friendly hill tribe and observing their traditional tribal costumes.
4. Drive through paddy field areas
5. Tham Phu Kham caves, a beautiful limestone cavern surrounded by natural forests. Explore the small natural pool in front of the caves where you can take a refreshing swim and explore.
Related Tours to Vang Vieng
Hotel and Resorts
XiengThong Palace Hotel (4 stars hotel)
Villa Santi Resort (4 stars)
Vientiane Plaza Hotel (4 stars)
You are always welcome to give us a ring at 02085438133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more inspiration from our Laos experts.